Monday, January 11, 2010

Today feels like a good day so that probably makes it a good day. I’m guessing the goodness in today is really going to be about the perspective I attach to the situation. Let me give you a quick rundown of today as it stands so far. Woke up headed in the wrong direction to go get Starbucks (1) then retraced my steps and passed home and was headed to son’s school when son realized that he had forgotten his much needed book-bag which required going back to the house (2) got to work and walked a chilly block and half to get into the building and realized I forgot my lunch and was not going to brave the cold to go back and get it (3) read my emails and realized that my travel re-imbursement was kicked out and sent back to me (4). Now it is only 1:30 and there is still allot left to the day so to see the manner in which my day is going could be alarming and less I forget to mention I went to start my car last night at 7:00pm to make a trip to the store and my batter was dead (0). Now let me let you know how each of these moments was an opportunity to say today is going to be a bad day but truly its not. I chose to go to Starbucks and it made me happy(1) this morning and even though I looked up the calories and found out that the drink I drink has 500 calories, I choose this morning to get my but up and work-out so the calorie intake was nominal. (2) I turned around and got my son’s book bag before we had gotten to far past the house so I tried to use it as teaching moment for him in that he needed to do a better job of looking for his things. (3) Because everything is computerized it took only a few seconds to correct my travel re-imbursement. (0) I had AAA so I was able to get my battery recharged and a new one put in so that I wouldn’t have any problems this morning. Needless to say even when my day appears to be suspect God is at work making everything all right, maybe not in the manner that I expected but alright nonetheless. Everybody has problems and I am no exception but I’m trying to have a different perspective on the things coming my way

No comments:

Post a Comment