Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Dumped

         He walked towards me, and he wasn't much to look at, and well he wasn't much to talk to, but he was good to me. "Hey Now" that was how he always greeted me.  Uh the minute those words came out of his mouth I cringed on the inside.  I really wanted to make this work I mean he took care of me and my daughter and well he never made me do anything I didn't want.  But the sex was bad and his looks weren't anything to write home about; even to think about these things made me feel so shallow, but it had been so long since my body had felt the satisfaction of a man that it was attracted to.  It had been so long since someone had bent me over my bed and pulled my hair from behind while the pushed themselves so deep inside me that it made my knees weak.  Yes it had been to long, so even though Max was a good man he so wasn't the right man.  I tried and I waited to see if he would grow on me but my feelings never changed.  So after one year and what I'm sure was right at the alley of engagement for him, I was here to tell him that it was over.
 "Hey how are you doing"
"I'm good beautiful, just happy I can spend the day with you"
I smile and feel a little sad inside, I don't know if this will break his heart, but either way I know he will act as if he is okay and honestly I hope he does because that will only make this easier on me.  See what I mean when it comes to him I can only think selfish thoughts, but please don't judge me to harshly because Lord knows I care about him, I just think he deserves someone who can appreciate the man that he is.
" I ordered you a drink, rum and coke no ice"
"Thanks are we eating today or did you just want to do drinks"
"We need to stop seeing each other"
"Huh?"
"I just think you deserve someone who is going to give you a future, and well I'm not that person, I don't feel in love with you and do think I will anytime soon.  I do feel extreme like, as a  friend but I think that's all I have to give"
"Is there someone else"
"This is not about anyone else this is about what is best for me what is best for you"
     Good afternoon my name is Melinda can I take  your order or do you need a few minutes. I was getting ready to tell Melinda to walk away but Max proceeds to order himself a steak and me Salmon Fettuccini.  I don't stop him, but clearly this is not going to be the quick Dump em and Dash that I was hoping for.
"Max are we cool?"
"Yep LayLay were fine, I just feel like eating."
The rest of dinner pretty much went on sort of like business as usual, we didn't talk about what I had said, we just kept everything real general and kept it moving.  I was a little bothered because Max did seem to be zoning, but I let it go.  Finally the meal ended and I tried to pay hoping it would sever the ties but Max wasn't haven't it.
"Really, Lay you know I'm not letting you pay for no meal, don't go acting stupid now"
"Stupid"
"Look lets go to the movies, I know you want to see that new Kevin Hart joint"
I did want to see Kevin Hart but I wasn't really trying to go out, I really needed to get home, Max was being just a bit off. 
"Max I don't think we should go out together for awhile"
"Girl chill, we already out and you already know that tomorrow were going out cause I promised LeLe that we would do Chucky Cheese"
He had me there even though I might dump him from my life, I would dump him from my child's life, but for real I just wasn't getting the idea that he realized that this was over................

No comments:

Post a Comment